As winter temperatures continue to drop, heating bills go up! But don’t worry. You can take a few simple steps to keep your heating costs low and ensure your home stays comfortable.
Here are five ways to save money on your heating bills this winter here in Frisco, TX!
1. Make sure to replace your furnace filter for maximum efficiency. A dirty filter can reduce the efficiency of your furnace and add to your energy costs. Check your filter every month and replace it when it’s dirty. Also, remember to check the air ducts for any leaks or blockages.
2. Weatherize your doors and windows. Air leakage can cause your furnace to work harder and raise energy bills. Seal any cracks in your windows and doors with weather stripping. You can also use caulk to seal gaps around your windows and doors.
3. Lower the thermostat at night or when you’re not at home. It’s a good idea to keep your thermostat set at a lower temperature when sleeping or away from home. This will keep your furnace from working too hard and save you money on energy costs. Also, constantly adjusting the thermostat can cause your furnace to work harder than necessary, adding to your heating bill. Consider installing a programmable thermostat that automatically adjusts the temperature!
4. Use your ceiling fan to help with heating costs. The direction of your fan in the winter should be set clockwise to create an updraft and circulate warm air around the room. This can help your furnace work more efficiently and reduce your energy costs. And did you know that you can often adjust the speed of your fan to be more efficient?
5. Get a furnace tune-up from Air Repair Pros. A tune-up can ensure your furnace is operating at peak efficiency and help you save money on heating costs. Our technicians will check your furnace for potential problems and ensure it’s running as efficiently as possible. On a tune-up, we usually check for safety issues, check the thermostat settings, clean and adjust components, and also do a complimentary A/C check! Air Repair Pros is the best company you can go to for a furnace tune-up here in Frisco.
These are just a few tips to help you save money on your heating bills this winter in Frisco, TX. If you want more information or need help maintaining or repairing your furnace, give Air Repair Pros a call anytime at 469-333-2474!