Knowing and understanding the signs of a home air conditioner repair services in Frisco TX is extremely important. The raging heat in the summer months can be devastating. Making sure your HVAC unit is in its optimal condition can help you live a cool and comfortable life, especially during the summer season.
Air Repair Pros can help you deal with all kinds of AC problems such as cracks, a faulty thermostat, and a Freon leak. Our professional and skilled technicians will evaluate your current AC system and make recommendations that can be beneficial for you and your HVAC unit.
Why Do You Need an Air Conditioner (AC) Repair?
An air-conditioning repair is needed when your unit is malfunctioning or having some issues. Doing this yourself can only lead to confusion and may generate a false diagnosis. Figuring out the real problem of your home air conditioner is not an easy task. You need to ask help from a professional HVAC technician to find out the real cause of the problem.
A thorough inspection of your AC unit is necessary to provide the best possible solution to the problem. Just prepare yourself for the possibility of replacing your unit whenever a repair is not anymore possible.
What Are the Signs You Need an AC repair?
Before looking for a home central air conditioner repair in Frisco TX, examine your AC unit first and take note of the following signs:
No Cool Air
–This is one of the most common air-conditioning problems that suggest a repair. If the air being circulated through your unit’s vents is not as cold as before, this may indicate system overload. This means your unit is working overtime to maintain a cool temperature. Possible causes may include duct leakage, low/leaking refrigerant, and condenser issues. If your unit is blowing hot air, this may indicate a faulty or broken compressor. A central AC air repair is necessary to find out the real cause of poor airflow in your unit.
Poor Air Flow
- The fan is the part of an HVAC unit that pushes cool air through the ductwork. Reduced airflow can be associated with a dirty air filter, faulty fan control board, or bad blower motor.
Moisture Accumulation in Your Unit.
- The AC system should remain dry at all times. Any moisture or water accumulation in different parts of your HVAC unit can lead to the formation of molds and mildew. When you notice any moisture accumulation or leaks around your system, this may indicate a broken or blocked condensate drain. Although this is oftentimes not considered a serious problem, seeking help from a professional can prevent further damage such as a refrigerant leak. This will be discussed separately below.
Bizarre or Strange Sounds
- Typically, an AC system runs smoothly and quietly. Any unusual sound may indicate a problem in the unit. Grinding, screeching, banging, grating, squealing, or other loud sounds suggest a repairman’s presence. Addressing this problem early can prevent extensive system damage and/or unit replacement.
- Unusual, funky smells may indicate burned-out wire installation, mold growth, or pest infiltration. This is a serious issue that requires immediate diagnosis. If not addressed immediately, this can put your health at risk.
- A thermostat is a built-in, automatic device that regulates the temperature of an HVAC unit. Thermostat issues strongly urge you to seek help from an HVAC technician to save your unit from a possible total shutdown. A faulty thermostat is a common home AC unit problem that is oftentimes taken for granted by many.
High Electricity Bills
- It is a known fact that an AC unit is the largest consumer of electricity in your home. If your monthly electric bills are constantly rising, it may require system inspection and diagnosis.
When Do You Need a Home Air Conditioner Freon Leak Repair?
Freon leaks are a serious HVAC problem that can be dangerous to your health. Also referred to as refrigerant, Freon is a hazardous chemical in your HVAC unit that can cause depletion of the ozone layer. When ingested, this can lead to respiratory failure and death. Suspect a Freon leak when you start to smell a foul odor escaping your AC unit. Common causes of a Freon leak include tiny puncture holes, formaldehyde corrosion of the metal, poor installation, and factory defects in the HVAC unit.
The most common signs of an AC refrigerant/Freon leak are:
- Poor cool airflow
- Impaired/loss of cooling power
- Frozen coils
- Hissing and gurgling sounds
- High electric bills
Identifying Freon leaks should be carefully implemented. Lack of cool air coming out of your vents does not necessarily indicate a refrigerant leak. It is strongly advised to seek help from a reputable HVAC service company to inspect your unit for a possible refrigerant leak. Air Repair Pros offers a variety of HVAC services – including home air conditioner Freon leak repair in Frisco TX.
When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Sometimes, replacing your unit with a new one is the best possible solution. Consider an HVAC unit replacement when:
- the cost of repair is greater than the cost of a new unit
- the unit is already ten years old and above
- the electricity bills keep rising
- the unit starts losing its efficiency
For more information about this, read this article.
Your HVAC unit is one of your greatest investments in life. It is extremely important to give your unit the proper care it deserves. Air Repair Pros pledges to take care of your unit in the best way possible. Our highly skilled technicians are certified Trane and Carrier specialists, and can also work on other systems.
For over 40 years, Air Repair Pros has been providing excellent heating and air-conditioning repair services in the US. We also provide excellent central air-conditioning repair in Frisco TX community. If you’re looking for home air conditioner repair services in Frisco TX, Air Repair Pros is more than willing to help you. Contact us at (972) 625-1400 today for more info!